Friday, December 11, 2009

Pre- Adventure

The end of 2009 and the adventure has already begun.

I have been living in a loosely organized intentional community for the past 6 weeks in Grand Rapids, Michigan. And it has been while living here that I have been inspired to take a year for myself and have an adventure.

A series of events occured to lead me to the my adventure plan:
The decision I made last fall to make 2009 my last year at Groundswell Community Farm as co-owner.
Then a year of talking with and thinking about and visiting farm/ers in the Traverse City area to see if a possible work connection could be made. The Ware farm was happy to talk to me about possibilities and I was delighted to meet them and hope to be back there sometime in the future.
My friends at the Green House accepted my request to live and work with them in Grand Rapids for the winter.
A Clearness committee was arranged at my request by the Quaker meeting I attend in Grand Rapids. During the clearness an idea came of sojourn for a year.
The idea stuck and grew during a time of fasting and cleansing.
I read a book by Donald Miller, A Million Miles, in a Thousand Years. The stories therein inspired me to put in my life the activities and people that would make me the character I wanted to be.
I needed more time to do those activities and put myself in cultures that make the same priorities as I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment