Monday, December 28, 2009

Intention

This past week or so I have lost some focus on planning, thankfully I have friends and family to keep me in the present and remind me of my trip. Deb, my friend I am planning to go to India, to the Ladakh region, with sent me a package of Ladakhi treats, including a video put out by ISEC, the International Society for Ecology and Culture called Ancient Futures, Learning from Ladakh.

I am getting ahead of myself though. This past few days I have been thinking about intention. What is my intention for this year of adventure? I already have one theme, that is community, intentional community specifically. My intention is to visit a diversity of intentional communities observing what practices have sustained those that are decades old, and pinpoint what issues are difficult to overcome. In Mexico (Chiapas) and in India (Ladakh) are two examples of communities at a larger scale that have been able to be autonomos from larger government and work together for the good of all. From there the bike tour is to examine perhaps younger and smaller scale communities in the US and Canada, to see what has been done here and what more could be done.

I will continue to think about intention and will create a more personal intention with each month and each week and each day during my adventure.

These will include- spiritual intentions, physical intentions, planning and organizing intentions.

Thank you for reading good people!

No comments:

Post a Comment